Chief Financial Officer
Location: Redwood City, CA
- Rezolute is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to advancing therapies for rare, metabolic, and life-threatening diseases.
- In October 2020, Rezolute announced a $41 million private placement which was led by CAM Capital with Federated Hermes Kaufmann, Surveyor Capital and BVF Partners participating, among others.
- Rezolute has initiated a global Phase 2b trial in Europe for their lead asset, RZ358, which is a potential treatment for CHI, a rare pediatric endocrine disorder.
- Rezolute is preparing to initiate a Phase 1 study, for RZ402, in Q1 2021. RZ402 is an IND-ready orally available plasma kallikrein inhibitor for the treatment of diabetic macular edema.
- Earlier this year, Rezolute received a rare pediatric disease designation, for RZ358, enabling eligibility for a priority review voucher.
- More information can be found at rezolutebio.com
As CFO, you will be responsible for the overall management of Rezolute’s financial and administrative matters. You will be a key part of the Senior Management team driving all financing efforts, executing our financial strategy and working directly with the Board of Directors. You will lead our fund-raising initiatives as needed and your initiative, drive, tenacity and ability to deliver timely financial results will be critical to our success. In addition, you will be responsible for executing our People Strategy, overseeing both HR and Facilities management.
- Provide the financial leadership, management and vision necessary for the overall success of Rezolute
- In coordination with the CEO, build a People Strategy that will allow the company to successfully recruit and manage top talent
- Ensure that Rezolute’s records are accurate and reflective of our financial position for management and shareholders
- Define Rezolute’s financial strategy, including the optimization of its capital structure and asset management
- Drive and manage fund raising as needed
- Work closely with CEO to drive revenue opportunities and strategic partnerships
- Develop financial modeling to support product and /or IP licensing
- Provide financial support to executives driving strategic initiatives
- Work with the executive team to develop the annual corporate financial budget, including administering the underlying departmental budgets
- Establish and maintain contact with shareholders, financial institutions and the investment community
- Manage board and shareholder communication
- Responsible for all IR and PR matters, including management of the internal and external team
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related business field; MBA preferred
- IPO or M&A and/or start-up exit experience within biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- 10+ years of experience, including 5 years of leadership experience in a similar position
- Business savvy with a strong grasp of business strategy, functions, markets and risks
- Strong reputation as an influential finance business partner with forethoughts to anticipate the impact of and provide guidance on operational and financial issues
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate efforts across an organization, both internally and externally, to achieve key deliverables
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting required
- Interested and qualified candidates should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of Melissa Quinn