Location: Redwood City, CA
- Rezolute is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to advancing therapies for rare, metabolic, and life-threatening diseases.
- In October 2020, Rezolute announced a $41 million private placement which was led by CAM Capital with Federated Hermes Kaufmann, Surveyor Capital and BVF Partners participating, among others.
- Rezolute has initiated a global Phase 2b trial in Europe for their lead asset, RZ358, which is a potential treatment for CHI, a rare pediatric endocrine disorder.
- Rezolute is preparing to initiate a Phase 1 study, for RZ402, in Q1 2021. RZ402 is an IND-ready orally available plasma kallikrein inhibitor for the treatment of diabetic macular edema.
- Earlier this year, Rezolute received a rare pediatric disease designation, for RZ358, enabling eligibility for a priority review voucher.
- More information can be found at rezolutebio.com
As VP of Finance, you will manage all accounting activities including coordination with external auditors and preparation of relevant reporting documents such as 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks etc. In addition, you will be responsible for all company financial planning, budgeting, and cash management. We are looking for a financial executive with strong business acumen who thinks strategically and who is results driven.
- Design an organizational structure that effectively accomplishes the department’s goals and objectives and aligns with Rezolute’s company-wide objectives
- Lead and coordinate daily operations of Rezolute’s general finance and accounting functions
- Ensure all transactions are documented and recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Primary interface to the auditors
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements, and coordinate financial audits
- Build, lead, and manage a team of high performers by developing and implementing financial information systems, processes, internal controls, and policies that will scale with future growth
- Manage all aspects of the finance and accounting operations, including: periodic financial reporting (e.g. preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including actual versus budget analysis and reporting), forecasts and outlook, scenario planning, annual budgeting setting, financial analysis and financial reporting for board of directors, treasury management,investment policy and strategy, procurement, and risk management
- Oversee Rezolute’s company-wide financial model and perform ad-hoc scenario analysis as needed
- Partner with functional areas on financial planning, budget management, and identification of relevant key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Implement benchmarks for measuring progress on financial and operating KPIs
- Provide business support for contract review
- 15+ years of financial leadership experience within the life sciences industry
- BA, BS, or MS degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business with strong Accounting experience
- CPA active license is a plus
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; ability to interface and communicate effectively with executive management, and other functions within the organization
- Strong team leadership, management, and organizational skills
- Attention to detail with ability to move easily between hands-on work and strategic thinking
- Ability to use critical thinking and strong business acumen to make sound business decisions
- Proven experience on building a team and working in a collaborative manner
- Interested and qualified candidates should send resume to email@example.com, to the attention of Melissa Quinn.