Senior Finance Executive (to serve as CAO)
Location: Redwood City, CA
Reports to: CFO
Start Date: Immediate
- Rezolute (RZLT) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company specializing in the development of innovative drug therapies to improve the lives of patients with metabolic and orphan diseases.
- Rezolute recently announced a $25M raise with a $45M potential total and has opened an office in Redwood City, CA. More information can be found at rezolutebio.com
- This is a critical leadership position within the Finance and Accounting function. The ideal candidate will oversee the entire day-to-day management of the accounting function including the financial close process, internal and external reporting, maintenance of effective internal controls, and ensure company accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. The corporate controller will ensure the accounting group is meeting the needs of management, various groups within the company, investors and strategic partners.
- Lead the day-to-day finance, accounting, and budgeting function.
- Serve as primary coordinator for auditor engagements and with the CFO manage the relationship with the company auditors.
- Lead and coordinate the preparation of all aspects of internal and external reporting including coordination of document review with management and external audit team.
- Oversee the company’s monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close and ensure they are completed on a timely basis. Review journal entries, accruals, analysis and reconciliations.
- Oversee preparation and review of GAAP financial statements for internal and external reporting.
- Provide accounting and business expertise to corporate development transactions including collaboration agreements.
- Provide technical accounting support and research for advanced GAAP or SEC topics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Big Four certified public accounting firm (preferred).
- 10+ years in publicly traded biotech or pharma.
- Active CPA required.
- Expertise in GAAP principles and knowledge of SEC rules and regulations, procedures and practices.
- Experience supporting and leading financial audits.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable leadership skills, with a track record of building and developing high quality teams.
- Thrive in a collaborative team setting and high energy small company environment.
Interested candidates to contact Keith Vendola, firstname.lastname@example.org